This notice shall be exercised in accordance and in pursuance with the Personal Data Protection Act (“PDPA”).
This Notice applies to personal data in our possession or under our control, including personal data in the possession of organisations which we have engaged to collect, use, disclose or process personal data for our purposes.
The PDPA recognises the rights of individuals to protect their personal data (including rights of access and correction) and the requirement for organisations to collect, use or disclose personal data for legitimate and reasonable purposes.
This Policy shall be read in conjunction with the PDPA and other terms in this Policy shall have the meanings given to them in the PDPA.
The definition of a “customer/user” and “personal data” shall be construed as such:
“customer/user” means an individual who:
- has contacted us through any means to find out more about any goods or services we provide, regardless whether a contract has been entered into or
- may, or has, entered into a contract with us for the supply of any goods or services by us; and
“personal data” means data, whether true or not, about a customer who can be identified:
- from that data; or
- from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following information or data (which may include but is not limited to personal information and information that can be uniquely identified with individual persons) about the individuals:
- Full name, including aliases;
- NRIC number;
- Email Address;
- Telephone number;
- Date of Birth;
- Marital status;
- other audio-visual information;
- employment information; and
- financial information (e.g. credit card numbers; debit card numbers or bank account information).
Usage of Personal Data
We note that by using this Website and contacting RIGHTMEN, you expressly authorize and consent to RIGHTMEN gathering, reviewing, retaining and where reasonably required, transmitting your personal data to our intermediary companies and entities for the proper and reasonable purposes of them storing and using the data responsibly and in accordance with the PDPA.
RIGHTMEN may collect and use your personal data for the following purposes, including but not limited to:
- performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
- verifying your identity;
- responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
- managing your relationship with us;
- processing payment or credit transactions;
- sending your marketing information about our goods or services including notifying you of our marketing events, initiatives and promotions, lucky draws, membership and rewards schemes and other promotions;
- complying with any applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice, guidelines, or rules, or to assist in law enforcement and investigations conducted by any governmental and/or regulatory authority;
- any other purposes for which you have provided the information;
- transmitting to any unaffiliated third parties including our third-party service providers and agents, and relevant governmental and/or regulatory authorities, whether in Singapore or abroad, for the aforementioned purposes; and
- any other incidental business purposes related to or in connection with the above.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your personal data for the following reasons; including but not limited to:
- where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods or services requested by you; or
- to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions listed in clause 5 above for us.
- to any law enforcement in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from any sovereign entity or agency, to establish or exercise our legal rights, to defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law.
The purposes listed in the above clauses may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Accuracy and Correction of Personal Data
RIGHTMEN makes a reasonable effort to ensure that the personal data collected is accurate and complete. Shall there be any inaccurate data provided by the customers or users, RIGHTMEN shall not be responsible for relying on said inaccurate data. In the case where your personal data requires updating to ensure its completeness and accuracy, please inform us in writing or via electronic mail to the contact details as stated in clause 12 below.
Withdrawing your Consent
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing. You may withdraw consent and request us to stop using and/or disclosing your personal data for any or all of the purposes listed above by submitting your request in writing or via email to the contact person provided in clause 12 below.
Upon receipt of your written request to withdraw your consent, we may require reasonable time (depending on the complexity of the request and its impact on our relationship with you) for your request to be processed and for us to notify you of the consequences of us acceding to the same, including any legal consequences which may affect your rights and liabilities to us. In general, we shall seek to process your request within thirty (30) business days of receiving it.
Whilst we respect your decision to withdraw your consent, please note that depending on the nature and scope of your request, we may not be in a position to continue providing our goods or services to you and we shall, in such circumstances, notify you before completing the processing of your request. Should you decide to cancel your withdrawal of consent, please inform us in writing in the manner described in clause 7.1 above.
Please note that withdrawing consent does not affect our right to continue to collect, use and disclose personal data where such collection, use and disclose without consent is permitted or required under applicable laws.
Retention of Personal Data
We may retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws and may continue to apply even in situations where your relationship with us (for example, pursuant to a contract) has been terminated or altered in any way, for a reasonable period thereafter (including, where applicable, a period to enable us to enforce our rights under any contract with you).
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Our website or other sites that we own and operate, may contain links to other websites operated by third parties. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website or other sites that we own and operate.
Revision of this Policy
RIGHTMEN reserves the rights to revise this Policy from time to time without any prior notice. You may determine if any such revision has taken place by referring to the date on which this Policy was last updated. Your continued use of our services via our website or any other sites that we own and operate, or any of our other online presence such as mobile apps or social media platforms, shall constitute your acknowledgement and acceptance of such changes.
Effective date: 28th May 2020
Last updated: 28th May 2020
Our Contact Details
You may contact us if you have enquiries or feedback on our personal data protection policies and procedures, or if you wish to make any request, via the following contact details:
10 Anson Road #34-02, International Plaza Singapore 079903